CHIRALPAK® and CHIRALCEL® are well known as chiral chromatography columns. These products are trademarks of Daicel. Inside the chiral columns are chiral resolving agents Chiral Stationary Phases (CSPs). Daicel commenced the development of these products in the 1980s using our expertise in cellulose chemistry.
CHIRALPAK® and CHIRALCEL® are available not only as analytical columns and/or small-scale separation, but also for commercial separations. Simulated moving bed (SMB) is a continuous column separation which allows MT scale production. Currently the largest SMB chiral production in the world is >100MT.
Daicel chiral columns offer excellent resolution of racemates, rapid and easy method development, plus durability and long service life. Daicel chiral columns are essential tools in the pharmaceutical industry.
Recent product developments consist of immobilized CSP, CHIRALPAK® IA, IB, IC, ID, IE and IF. These allow use of a wider range of chromatographic solvents.
Please click "Product List " to find appropriate columns for you.
- These immobilized CSPs allow the use of a highly extended range of solvents.
- CSPs are most widely used for chiral separation in the world.
- For reverse phase use.
- Protein-based chiral HPLC columns.
- These columns contain a chiral crown ether as a chiralselector which is a coated onto a 5µm silica support.
- These columns are enatioselective weak anion-exchange (AX) HPLC columns.
- HPLC columns other than the above
- The analytical columns should be used in series with an appropriate guard cartridge or columns.
- Super critical fluid is a special phase which has either gas and liquid character but different from these.